Office Hours is a free mentoring program designed to connect upcoming entrepreneurs with experts. Mentors provide advice, help you develop a specific skill or gain knowledge. This micro-volunteering (four hours a month) program puts you in contact with members who want to give back and share their insights.
Name: Harry Watson
Current Position: Network Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Harry Watson
Relevant Work Experience:
- Network and security experience from ISP;
- Large enterprise to SMB;
- Co-owned hosting company; and
- Co-share compute/rack space for my own projects.
- BSc: IT & Human Factors
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professions (CISSP)
Key areas you can assist with:
- Assistance in most IP related areas, management, security, automation.
- Connecting the ‘Internet of Things’, Raspberry Pi, Perl, Python, Django.
Something people will find interesting about you:
What are you passionate about:
- Happy to share what I can, also share within schools via http://www.scientistsinschools.edu.au/ if anyone has the time please look.
- Technology wise I’m very interested to see now ideas for big data, connecting ‘things’ to the internet and automating monotonous tasks.
Do you give permission for Spacecubed members to contact you directly via email? Yes
Day of the week you prefer to volunteer: Friday