The Founder Institute Perth semester is now officially a “go”. With over 55 applications to date, the aim is for 80+ to bring together an amazing cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs for the August semester start.
If you haven’t applied or know anyone that should apply then one of our next three final pre-semester events could be of interest. Even if you have applied, if you are interested in the content please come along (register here: http://www.fi.co/?target=perth) . The last three free events are as follows:
- Tuesday 23rd June (6pm – 8pm: SpaceCubed): Start Up Ideation Boot camp: A matrix to assess the feasibility of ideas?Keynote speaker: Andrew Hall CEO The Local Grocer, Venture Partner Stone Ridge Ventures and FI Perth Director.
- Wednesday 1st July (6pm – 8pm: SpaceCubed): Startup Success Stories: How did you do it? Keynote speaker: Stuart Hall Founder and Chief Bot Appbot. Panelists will include recently funded former FI graduates: Felicity Millman CEO of Circadyn and Christophe Baudia CEO of GeoMoby.
- Monday 6th of July (6pm – 8pm: SpaceCubed): Founder Institute Information Session: Keynote speaker: Kirsten Rose State Manager Australian Institute of Company Directors and FI Perth Director
The Founder Institute is a global accelerator that provides high-potential entrepreneurs with a Silicon Valley developed curriculum and mentorship from leading local CEO’s and entrepreneurs. You can learn more about the Founder Institute here: www.fi.co
Founder Institute Perth will commence the 2015 semester in early August and run through November. The program is designed to be attended by those working full time. All classes and mentorship sessions will take place on weeknights from 6pm to 9pm. Applicants are assessed on a first come first served basis with over 50 applications for the Perth semester having been received so far.
As well as world-class mentorship, each semester participant will have access to a wealth of value from Founder Institute Partners, worth $10,000’s of dollars in value (Stripe, Amazon Web Services and ELance / oDesk just to name a few).
For 2015 the Directors will award at least one successful graduate a “Directors Prize”. The Directors Prize will send a founder to Silicon Valley to attend Founder Lab (www.founderlab.com) a natural follow on from the Founder Institute. Founder Lab is an ideal stage to launch your work class company allowing you to spend 10 intensive days in Silicon Valley working with some of the world’s best venture capitalists and advisors to accelerate your company to the global stage.
In summary the Founder Institute offers:
- An opportunity to develop your company whilst keeping your day job
- A world class curriculum developed in Silicon Valley
- Mentorship by leading CEO’s and entrepreneurs many of whom are angel or accelerator investors in their own right (incl SpaceCubed, Unearthed, Upstart and Atomic Sky)
- An opportunity to share in the success of your colleagues (Shared equity bonus pool)
- The potential to launch your company on a world stage through attending Founder Lab (Directors Prize)
If you would like to learn more about the program please email Andrew Hall (Perth Director) Andrew.Hall@founderinstitute.net or Kirsten Rose (Perth Director) Kirsten.Rose@founderinstitute.net
To apply to be considered for the program, click here: www.fi.co/join