Organisation name: Spacecubed
Position Type : Casual
Salary: $23 per hour
Reporting: Events Coordinator
Spacecubed is a Social Enterprise, designed to support 20,000 Entrepreneurs by 2025. Our coworking and collaborative spaces, entrepreneurial hubs, programs and events move people from ideas to action. Our community is tackling some of the big social, environmental and economic challenges of our time.
The events staff will strive to provide an exceptional experience to events organisers as well as attendees. The success of our company is largely based on our people and their commitment to outstanding customer service.
Role specific responsibilities:
- Set-up and pack down of event and meeting room spaces (including moving furniture, setting up for catering)
- Clearing and cleaning crockery, cutlery and glassware during events
- Welcome and registration of guests
- Greeting clients before their event
- Liaise with clients to ensure their event runs smoothly (set up of AV equipment, adjusting space set up as requested, etc)
- Coordinating of events logistics with suppliers (delivery of catering and other materials)
- Occasionally making grazing platters
Skills required :
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to move furniture as required
- Outstanding customer-service orientation
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Process and detailed oriented
- Flexibility with ad hoc and after-hours working hours
- Hospitality and previous events experience preferred
- RSA Certificate Required
- First Aid Training Certificate Preferred
- Must be available Tuesday and Thursday
- Please attach your availability in your cover letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
To Apply : Submit your resume and a cover letter here. Please include in your cover letter a short paragraph as to why you think you would be great for this role and how you can help grow Spacecubed and FLUX events.